At the very north of the Adriatic Sea, where the European continent is most deeply indented by the sea, the sea is clean, warm and azure. The sea and its elements offer infinite possibilities of recreation and well-being. At our Terme Portorož, sea water is used for sea baths that alleviate recuperation and stretching after injuries and orthopaedic surgery.
The positive effects of swimming in the sea water are the following:
• Natural sea baths have beneficial effects on the body, improve blood flow and metabolism.
• They are recommended to all of you who suffer from back problems. Every move in the water is done more easily, thus enabling a larger number of repetitions, and consequently the firming of muscles.
• The stimulation of the functioning of the organs that excrete toxic substances from the body (the liver, kidneys, skin). These substances move towards the surface of the skin through the lymphoid system, and salt accelerates their excretion.
• Sea salt contains a wealth of ingredients. It contains at least 80 different minerals: carbonates, sulphates, as well as calcium, potassium, bromine, sodium, manganese, magnesium, iodine, iron, fluorine, and silicic acid. Therefore, salt has a beneficial effect on the skin, helping alleviate a large number of skin conditions, such as dermatitis, psoriasis, and a variety of skin eczema.
• Swimming accelerates breathing and the beating of the heart. The chest expands and contracts more strongly, thus strengthening respiratory muscles what improves a health condition of people with chronic pulmonary diseases.